Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Teriyaki Chicken

Whew! with this heat, we have been fixing quite a few crockpot meals. I can throw them in either on my lunch hour or before work and it sure saves on heating up the house!

We try to be pretty economical, too. Now, I love boneless, skinless chicken breasts. There are SOOOOOO many things you can do with them! But for teriyaki, the dark meat of the chicken to me tastes better, richer somehow.

We had a large package of chicken thighs that we got on sale, so I took half of them and made this recipe. Quick to fix, easy, moist beyond belief and very flavorful!




Teriyaki Crockpot Chicken
Serves 4-6

6-8 chicken thighs, bone-in, skinned
1/2 cup soy sauce
2 teaspoons crushed garlic
1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
2 tablespoons brown sugar

Grease a crockpot. I had 5 thighs and I used my small 1-1/2 quart and it worked fine. Place chicken in crockpot. Mix remaining ingredients and pour over chicken. Cook for 1 hour on high, then 6-8 hours on low. Enjoy!



I am thinking this would be really good for sandwiches, just take it off the bone when done, shred it and add enough of the juice to moisten it good, bung it back in the crockpot and heat. With some Grilled pineapple rings and maybe a little Thai Sweet Chili sauce mixed with some sour cream?? With fresh jicama for crunch, maybe? Or soft asian tacos? A lot of possibilities!

Get ready for red onion marmelade tomorrow!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything sounds so yummy, Raquel! I checked out the cheese place, everything sounds so good! Can't wait to see the onion marmalade recipe!

Jan said...

That sounds great, Raquel. As do the sandwiches. As you say a multitude of possibilities.

Marie Rayner said...

Great recipe Raquel. I love teriaki anything. I prefer thighs as well, they have alot more flavour and don't seem to dry out like breasts do!

Chibog in Chief said...

i have been craving for japanese food lately..i was thinking of sushi but then i guess chicken teriyaki must be even better!!!

btw, i love the design of your blog!!

Jan said...

Sounds yummy Raquel!
PS: You've been tagged for a Six Quirky thing meme!