Monday, August 18, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY (August 18, 2008)...

Outside My Window... There is bright sunshine streaming in. Cool air is flowing in, it is about 58 degrees here in MO, this is unheard of for August! There is heavy dew on the grass.

I am thinking... of how wonderful my God is, and what a beautiful world he made for us to live in.

I am thankful for...my good health. I am rarely sick, outside of allergies, and I am so thankful for that.

From the kitchen... I might barbecue some steak later on, but basically we have tons of leftovers from our church dinner yesterday. Coleslaw, potato salad, 7-layer salad, broccoli and cauliflower, fried chicken, rhubarb cake!

I am wearing...my pjs! Old white t-shirt and red capri pj pants with little white hearts on them.

I am creating... a journal. Not only this one on-line, but I am going to start keeping a paper journal as well.

I am going... to be busy, busy, busy this week. The fair starts Thursday!

I am reading...the book of Joshua.

I am hoping... that I win first prize in at least one thing!!

I am hearing...birds twittering, crickets chirping and my mother watering her flowers.

Around the house... much cleaning to be done. We let things go this weekend to get the cooking done. Laundry, floors mopped, vacuuming, dusting . . . .

One of my favorite things...is early morning sunshine. There is just something about getting up and seeing the sun's rays hitting the earth for the first time that day.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Oh my. Today - laundry and cleaning. Then baking bread, cakes, cookies . . . then the Fair will be here, must go to that!

Here is picture thought I am sharing...


Thistles. National symbol of Scotland. They are prickly as all get out, but so beautiful.

Wasn't that fun? Peggy hosts this every week, over at The Simple Woman. Lots of people participate, you can too!

6 comments:

Jan said...

Good luck with your entries at the fair, Raquel. I will be keeping my fingers crossed for you.

It has cooled down tremendously here too. As you say, most unusual for August, but I'm not complaining. :-) Hugs.

SimplyMe said...

Wow......58 in Missouri in August. UNHEARD OF!! Good luck at the fair, and thanks for the pick of the thistle. Granny used to dry them and them put them in her dired flower grape-vine wreaths. Beautiful!

Susan Morris said...

Yes, my good wishes too with the fair entry Raquel.
It still warm here in California, although a little cooler today.

Anonymous said...

Our fair opens Thursday as well. I don't have anything entered but I may try to crochet something for next year.

I've never seen a thistle before, at least that I know of, and that is a great photo, thanks for sharing it.

Elaine

Marie Rayner said...

Wonderful day book entry as always Raquel! I am hoping you pick up a few blue ribbons too!

StitchinByTheLake said...

I'm betting on several blue ribbons for you - aren't fairs wonderful! blessings, marlene