Monday, August 11, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY (August 11, 2008)...

Outside My Window...The locusts are singing their late summer song. There is a gentle breeze playfully ruffling the leaves on the maple tree.

I am thinking... of going grocery shopping this evening.

I am thankful for... Good parents that raised me, taught me right from wrong and loved us no matter what.

From the kitchen... Sloppy Joes, Fresh pineapple, rice pudding, maybe some cucumbers, fresh tomatoes.

I am wearing... Red tee-shirt, navy skirt and - Oh, no, not again . . . my slippers!

I am creating... a meal plan for this Sunday - we are having a church dinner.

I am going... to enter some things in our little "Fair" later this month. Some cakes, breads, cookies and jelly.

I am reading... Historical Whodunnits!

I am hoping... that my mother will accept my decision I made recently.

I am hearing... the locusts singing in the trees. It always makes me nostalgic, for some reason. I really like it, because it usually heralds the end of our very hottest weather!

Around the house... Oh me oh my, lots to be done. Must organize and clean the freezers and refrigerators. Also must deep clean my room and finish organizing my recipes. On the plus side, I did get some pizza sauce made and canned and some chili tomatoes frozen. Also, must get almond syrup done today and think of making my mint jelly later this week . . . had to wait until the mint plants got big enough!

One of my favorite things... Jergen's cherry-almond lotion. I have loved the scent since I was little - it is comfort to me!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Organize and clean freezers/refrigerators. Deep clean my room and organize. Help DS sort and wash his laundry. Help mother mulch the front flower beds. Get car inspected and renew license. Clean off my desk!

Here is picture thought I am sharing...


You know you wanna . . . go on over to Peggy's and take a look! The Simple Woman. It is refreshing! It is fun! It is . . . Simple!

7 comments:

Jan said...

It sounds like you're going to have a busy week, Raquel.

I hope you have better luck with your driver's license than I did. Though I did finally get it sorted out last week.

I'll look forward to your rice pudding recipe, I love rice pud.

Jennifer said...

It sounds like a lovely and peaceful day, enjoy!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Hi Raquel, I use Jergens cherry almond lotion too. My grandmother always had a very small bottle and used it sparingly after washing the dishes. I think of her when I put it on. Blessings, marlene

GranthamLynn said...

What a lovely post. All that cooking and canning. You are a busy woman!
I am visiting the daybook entries today and wanted to say hi.
My post was late but you can come by and see me at my journey.
Have a Blessed Week.
Sherry

Marie Rayner said...

Wonderful day book entry Raquel! You are a wonderful lady and I really am enjoying getting to know you through your online journal. I miss the sound of locusts and cicadas...heck I miss the sound of crickets and frogs too! Nighttimes are suspiciously silent over here, except for the odd rustling in the hedges . . .

Tracy said...

Loved reading your list for Monday here, Raquel...The Simple Woman site is lovely...I must join in one of these Mondays! Happy Day ((HUGS))

Thia said...

Another lover of that lotion here. My grandmother used it too and I always think of her when I smell it. It is nice to have a pretty smelling lotion that isn't over powering.