Monday, August 4, 2008

Simple Woman's Day Book



FOR TODAY August 04, 2008...

Outside My Window... There is a heat haze. The grass is wilting. Bright sunshine. Yep - its summer! We had 108 Saturday, supposed to get 110 today. With about 90% humidity, I might add!

I am thinking... about entering some things in our little city fair later this month. Cakes, cookies, bread and some jelly!

I am thankful for... a good pastor and his wife. They are just good folks and we appreciate them so much.

From the kitchen... Smoked sausage, potatoes and vegs with cheese from the crockpot. Fresh sliced tomatoes. Making some cherry-chocolate scones later this evening. Blueberry cream puffs some day this week.

I am wearing... Navy skirt, turquoise tee with flowers and of course, my slippers!

I am creating... A teapot quilt! I sent off for the patterns just the other day!

I am going... to my niece's wedding reception on Saturday. I am so happy for her! They were married by Justice of the Peace in late June, but waited to have the reception.

I am reading... some Emily Bronte.

I am hoping... that I will get some of my fabric today in the mail!

I am hearing... The city man driving by in his big truck, the dryer is humming and DS is clonking around getting breakfast.

Around the house... Laundry! Lots of laundry. I have some organizing that needs to be done.

One of my favorite things... is E-bay! I am assembling my fabrics for my quilts and boy is it fun!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Hmmm . . . stay cool! Make some mint jelly and almond syrup. Bake lemon bars for my niece's reception.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...

If this sounds like fun to you, go over to Peggy's site at The Simple Woman and make your own daybook. The instructions are pretty simple and it is addictive once you get started!

5 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

I enjoyed your post and I want to do one later this week - it sounds like such fun. I've never bought anything on EBay...are you buying fabrics there? Blessings, marlene

Anonymous said...

Loved your daybook. I can so relate on the heat thing. I am so ready for fall.
Pat

Jan said...

As always, a lovely post on your day book.

I too am fed up of the heat. The weather showed the temperature here as 105F yesterday, with a heat index of 117F. And I'm sure it's been even hotter today.

SimplyMe said...

have a great week and hope you get lots of quilting time in this week. Sounds wonderful to me

Marie Rayner said...

Great Daybook Raquel! Good luck with the quilt, and don't forget to share some pics with us along the way!