Saturday, August 23, 2008

Saturday

Thank you all kindly for your congratulations! I was really surprised to win anything. There were more entries than I had anticipated, this being a small town.

I have a prayer request today. My mom's youngest sister had shoulder surgery back in May. She has had to have it opened up twice more, and has a staph infection in it. The shoulder itself is healed now, but she has been on high-dose antibiotics all summer long.

Yesterday she got sick and they took her to the University Hospital in Columbia. She has MRSA in her blood stream. If you all could please pray for her, it would be much appreciated. She is already weak from all of the antibiotics. Thanks so much. I will be back in later with a few photos.

7 comments:

StitchinByTheLake said...

I have prayed for healing and strength for her and for peace and grace for her family. blessings, marlene

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Oh that MRSA is so relentless sometimes. I will indeed pray for her strenght to return and the infection to clear.

Marie Rayner said...

I will most definitely pray for her Raquel. My cousin Sherri had a hip replacement last year and ended up on heavy duty anti-biotics for a huge infection as well. I think she may even yet be on them still. I dont know why our hospitals seem to be plagued with this and it seems to be a world wide problem!

Sylvie said...

I'm sending loads of positive thoughts. I hope she gets well quickly!

Susan Morris said...

I will certainly pray for your Aunt, Raquel.
I hope she fully recovers.
God bless and love & prayers.
Sue

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

I will definitely be praying for your Aunt!!!! And thank you so much for your kind words and prayers for me! It is so much appreciated!!!! Cora

Nic said...

Positive thoughts coming from me too! Keep us informed on her progress.