Friday, August 22, 2008

The results are in!

Whew! The results are finally in!

I did not do too bad . . .

Whole wheat bread - 2nd place

Lime Jelly - 2nd place

Orange chiffon cake - 2nd place

Pound cake - 2nd place

Brownie cookies - nothing

Sugar cookies - 1st place

Chocolate Chip cookies - 1st place

Tangerine Jelly - 1st place

Potato bread - 1st place

And . . . . Grand Champion Bread for my potato bread!

Mom did quite well also:

Red dahlia single - 1st place
Marigold large - 2nd place
Rose - 1st place
Single bloom arrangement (dahlia) - 2nd place
Mixed arrangement - 1st place

Houseplants:
Philodendron - 1st place
Miscellaneous - desert privet - 1st place

Actually, I suppose I should envy mother, as she got 5 firsts and I only got 4. But I do not, and it would not have bothered me if I had not placed at all (well, maybe just a bit!)

Thank you all for your good wishes!

10 comments:

Janet said...

Not too bad! How's that for an understatement? You did brilliant, girl. Take a bow and shout it from the rooftops. Congrats to your mum, too.

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Congrats to you and your mom!!

Anonymous said...

Major congrats, Raquel! That is totally amazing! Excellent job!

Marie Rayner said...

Congrats RAquel!!! You GO girl! I'm so happy for you. I miss country fairs and being able to submit entries. I always really enjoyed that.

Jennifer said...

Congrats Raquel, you deserve it!

StitchinByTheLake said...

Congratulations Raquel! You worked hard and you were rewarded. :) I love it when that happens. Blessings, marlene

Jan said...

Congrats Raquel! Sorry I've not been about this week - the post on my blog will explain!
Anyway, well done you. Love Jan x

Sylvie said...

Congratulations! Well done.

Patchwork Dragon said...

Congratulations to both of you! I would never dare enter anythin in a competition!

Nic said...

I'm sorry I'm late to the party, but many CONGRATULATIONS!!! Well done, you did great!