Monday, August 25, 2008

Simple Woman's Day Book



FOR TODAY (August 25, 2008)...

Outside My Window... There is brilliant sunshine coming from the east, like a burst of new life!

I am thinking... of what I need to accomplish before I start work in 45 minutes.

I am thankful for... my boyfriend, Keith! He is so good to me!

From the kitchen... Not sure, we will probably grab something in town tonite. Tomorrow, oven fried chicken, mashed potatoes, fresh tomatoes. Not a lot of baking going on this week, we are starting fall cleaning.

I am wearing... navy skirt, rosy-pink t-shirt and surprise - I have on socks - white with multi-colored polka dots and my tennies on (we took a lovely early-morning walk).

I am creating... a shopping list for tonite.

I am going...to my best friend's wedding Friday night! I am so excited for her.

I am reading...Still in Joshua, I need to make a trip to the library, maybe tonight!

I am hoping... that I can get things ironed out with the Colt Show today. My prize money check got messed up.

I am hearing... crickets and birds.

Around the house...Everything!

One of my favorite things...is lemonade from the fair! We (Mom and I) convinced the guys (Dad and Keith) to go get us BIG fresh lemonades from the fair stand Saturday night to go with the rice, vegs and steak I made. They were super!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week:Organizing. Deep clean bathroom. Start looking for Concord grapes. I am nearly done with my canning for this year, but I want to make some Concord grape conserve.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...


Locust shell. My brothers used to chase me with these nasty things!

Whoops! Forgot to add - If you enjoyed reading this, why not make your own? Peggy would love to have you! Just head on over to The Simple Woman, click on the instructions in the side bar and go to it!

9 comments:

Heart 4 My Home said...

Enjoyed reading from your daybook entry.

~Blessings

Tracy said...

UGH...locust shells...eeeekkkk... ;o) Loved reading your entry for today, to start the week, Raquel...Have a great one! ((HUGS))

Marie Rayner said...

Great day book entry Raquel! I am with Tracy . . . eww, lol. I hate bugs!!! You really must tell us more about this Keith! Woo Hoo!

Jan said...

I am thinking I do not like those locust things!! YUK! Good post tho Raquel - I love reading these!

StitchinByTheLake said...

It's cloudy and overcast here today Raquel but I'm glad. It keeps the heat down. I'm coming to Missouri Thursday - to Jefferson City to see my sister. I can hardly wait! blessings, marlene

Sandra said...

Eeewww I don't like bugs....LOL

Great daybook, it was fun reading it.

Jennifer said...

Ok what is that thing! I am freaking out, a locust shell? what is that? I live on Oregon and we dont have them! LOL

Schotzy said...

Cute blog, BUT!!!EWWWWW!!!!! Thr locust shell!! Gives me the willies!!!

Jan said...

And I thought Oklahoma was the bug capital of the world! Beautiful post as always.

I'm with Marie, let's be hearing more about Keith. ;-) Love & hugs.