Saturday, June 21, 2008

Tagged!

This is my very first tag! I was tagged by Marie of A Year From Oak Cottage.

What was I doing 10 years ago?

Hmmmm . . . 10 years ago I was 27. I was newly married for the second time(June 13) and was working at Golden Valley Memorial Hospital. I was a much different person then than I am now. I have matured a lot since then.

5 Things On My To Do List for today:
1. Make some scones. I have some fresh strawberries (picked off of our vines!)that are just dying to be made into strawbee scones. Served with more sliced berries and whipped cream - instant strawberry shortcake.
2. Get my Sunday School lesson together. I teach the 7, 8 and 9 year olds. We have a lot of fun. Right now, we are learning about Abraham.
3. Shake my rugs. We have hardwood floors, which I love. But you have to have rugs, which means shaking them.
4. Work a couple of hours overtime. Not really wanting to do this, but I can use the money!
5. Make some lime jelly. With all best intentions, I was going to do this Thursday. But . . . with one thing and another, it did not happen.

5 Snacks I Enjoy:
1. Scones and tea. I just love scones and really enjoy trying all different kinds. I usually have 3 varieties or so of dough frozen in the freezer. Toasty scones, slathered with butter! Look out diet!
2. Apples and salt. I like a good Granny Smith apple, or a Fuji, sprinkled lightly with salt. I'm weird, I know!
3. Chocolate. I am a chocolate afficionado (sp.) from the get-go. I love really good dark chocolate, which many times is hard to find around here.
4. Toasted cheese sandwich. But not just any cheese - a mixture of whatever we have in the fridge. I usually mix mozzarella, parmesan, cheddar (especially smoked!), gouda or edam, muenster and I like to season it with grilled onions and crumbled bacon mixed in. I shred the cheese and mix it all up. Then to fry, I use mayonnaise instead of butter - works perfectly every time! Ok, so this is really bad for you, but it tastes great!
5. Now, this is embarrasing, but I like Pizza Rolls. Yes, those over-processed bits of dough with pizza filling. But done in the oven, not the microwave. I try NOT to buy these at all.

Five Things I Would Do If I Were A Millionaire:
1. Of course I would pay off all of my debts and my family's too.
2. Travel. I would pay for some of my friends to accompany me and we would go. Wherever. We. Wanted. To.
3. I would endow an orphan or two in another country. I would love to do this now, but money is tight for me, so I do support them in prayer.
4. I would set up a scholarship at our local highschool.
5. I would of course go on a wild shopping spree and buy all the things that I want, but do not have money for now. And Christmas? Wowsa, Christmas would be great for so many people!

Five places I have lived:
1. Weissbaden, Germany. I was born here and lived here for the first 3 years of my life. Don't remember a whole lot about it, but a little. We have some great pics.
2. New Bedford, Mass. We lived here after Germany. What I remember about this is the fish market - ewwww! My grandma on Mom's side came to stay with us when Mom had surgery and got to see the ocean for the first time. That and doobie bears! (A groundhog)
3. Anchorage, Alaska. I started kindergarten here. Loved it! Would go back if not for the high price of living. We experienced record snowfall, volcanic ashfall and an earthquake here.
4. Ord, Nebraska. In the middle of nowhere, but my Father's folks were here. I still know my way around the town here pretty good. I went up through 6th grade here.
5. Collins, Missouri. Sleepy little town on the highway of about 125 people. I went to 7th and 8th grade here. Had a very best friend and we were nearly inseprable.

Five jobs I have had:
1. Secretary at the hometown newspaper. Right out of highschool, I got this job because I went to complain to them about misspelling my name in the paper. He offered me a job and I took it. Only kept it for about 4 months or so.
2. Clerk at Casey's General Store. I worked here for about 2 years, started when my son was 6 months old. I really enjoyed working here for the most part, except for my last boss. She was one of the reasons I quit. About 3 months or so after I quit, the store closed anyway!
3. One summer when I was in high school, I was hired to take care of an old lady with Alzheimer's. Her husband did not want to put her in the nursing home, so he hired me to stay with her during the day while he was working. It was sad. She scared me to death tho, she didn't like me there and used to ask me what I was doing in her house. She would try to put pillows on the stove and turn it on - I quit after 2 weeks.
4. Medical Transcriptionist at Golden Valley Memorial Hospital. I liked this job for the most part. I worked here for 12-1/2 years.
5. My current job, medical transcriptionist again, but from home. I really like this. No, it does not pay as well as my other job, but it is way less stressful.

Now, I get to tag 5 other folks. These are in no particular order, mind!

Sue, from Back to the Table
Angela, from Stressed Out Mum Seeks Inspiration
Sylvie, from A Pot of Tea and a Biscuit
Jan, from Range Warfare
Tasty Meals at Home

Tag, Y'all are IT!

4 comments:

Marie Rayner said...

Thanks for rising to the challenge Raquel! Well done! I love doing these things and I love reading these things. By the way I would be glad to send you some really good dark chocolate if you want! (I can pop it in with the painting, wrapped separately of course!) I am also a trained Medical Transcriptionist. I got a top score on my Amspar Medical terminology exam when I took it 5 years ago. I had to study really hard for it as old brains don't soak up knowledge like younger brains do. I was really proud of myself at the time!

Jan said...

Hi Raquel,

Thank you for your kind comments on Grand Lake Ink, it's also nice to get to know a little more about you too.

I'll play along with the tag, but I don't think there will be any great revelations for you. ;-)

Angela said...

Thanks for the Tag Raquel, I will have to get my thinking cap on as I never take the time to think about me much, this will be interesting!

Jennifer said...

A fellow cheese lover! I also salt my green apples, I thought I was the only one!