Thursday, May 22, 2008

Indulgence

Rich. Melt-in-your-mouth. Smooth. Beautiful. Expensive. Worth waiting for.

A little indulgence can go a long ways. A little treat can carry you for a few days, at least! Example: I like pink roses. Now, I know that I cannot have them all the time, but once in a blue moon, I do get a few. They are so pretty and they do not bother my allergies like other cut flowers do. They are an indulgence. Now, if I had them all the time, I would still like them, but they would not be as special. They usually last for at least a week!

An indulgence is a good thing to save for when you are feeling blue or lonely or even are having a bad hair day. Example: I have a Godiva chocolate bar that I am saving for a really bad day. When that day comes, I will indulge and eat it and will not feel bad about it. Sometimes just a simple little indulgence can lift your spirits and make you feel 10 times better than before!

Sometimes an indulgence can be sort of a ritual. We eat oatmeal for breakfast 6 days a week. On Saturdays, however, we fix a nice breakfast - waffles and sausages, pancakes and bacon, biscuits and gravy, the works. We splurge that one day.

The cookies I am sharing with you today are an indulgence. They are very nice, but 1 of them will do you for a fix!

Triple Chocolate Kiss Cookies
Makes 48 cookies

48 Hersey's Kisses, any variety, unwrapped
1/2 cup (1 stick or 1/4 pound) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
1 Tablespoon milk
2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup baking cocoa
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup chocolate chips

Photobucket

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

Beat butter, sugars and vanilla in large bowl until blended. Add eggs and milk and beat well.

Stir together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt, gradually add to butter mixture, beating until well-blended. Stir in chocolate chips. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Place on ungreased cookie sheet.

Photobucket

Bake 10-11 minutes or until set. Gently press chocolate piece into center of each cookie. Remove from cookie sheet to wire rack and cool completely.

Photobucket

Indulge!!

5 comments:

Jan said...

Mmmm yummy yum - Is all I can say!

Angie said...

Chocolate - give me chocolate every time. I'm much nicer when you give me chocolate!
love, Angie, xx

test it comm said...

Those look chocolaty and good!

Marie Rayner said...

Oh gosh, those look mighty good. I just happen to have several bags of kisses as well!

Nic said...

Oh wow! I could eat quite a few of those!!