Monday, July 14, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook

Photobucket

Ha, finally got that figured out!

Peggy over at The Simple Woman does the Simple Woman's Daybook on Mondays. Hop on over and take a look, they are fantastic!

FOR TODAY (July 14, 2008)...

Outside My Window... We have bright sunshine and humidity! Summer has finally arrived!

I am thinking... that I still have a lot of laundry to get done today!

I am thankful for...Family. Even though we would like to kick them sometimes, they are always there for us.

From the kitchen...BLTs with our very own fresh tomatoes!!! With strawberry shortcake for dessert. Also I will be making bluberry scones, fresh cherry scones and peach scones.

I am wearing...Khaki skirt, pink T-shirt with embroidered flowers, blue houseslippers and wet hair up in a clip.

I am creating...A Victorian mansion cross-stitch picture.

I am going...to stay home as much as possible this week after vacationing.

I am reading...Jean Plaidy's historical novels. Soooo interesting!

I am hoping...that I can get everything done today.

I am hearing...helicopters. We live near an AFB and they go over all the time.

Around the house... Laundry, vacuuming, pick blueberries.

One of my favorite things... is Fresh tomatoes! I love them sliced with salt and pepper or ranch dressing, in sandwiches, in salad, you name it!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Organize the freezers. Make a couple of aprons - Have to go get some contrast material first. Call my cousin about recovering my 2 chairs.

Here is picture thought I am sharing . . .

Photobucket

This is the old pump at the house where my grandmother was born out by Arcadia, NE.

7 comments:

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

So glad I popped on by today. Found you on the Simple Woman's Daybook list!!! Just love the picture of the pump! It's priceless!!!!! I love fresh tomatoes, too. Especially in a sandwich with peanut butter and mayo! My all time favorite.

I'll be stopping by again!

Cora

Anonymous said...

Hi, Raquel! How lucky that you have space for such a wonderful garden to grow tomatoes and strawberries! My two summertime favorites! Love your blog, btw! I am still fiddling around w/ mine, but I think I finally got the template the way I want it...for now...hehehe.

Susan Morris said...

Tomatoes and fresh mozzarella cheese...Yum

Susan Morris said...

Tomatoes and fresh mozzarella cheese...Yum

Jan said...

Loved reading that Raquel.

Jan said...

I love reading your Simple Woman's Day Book.

Our tomatoes are coming in thick and fast now, and they're delicious.

Marie Rayner said...

Wonderful day book entry Raquel! I love reading everyone's entry and sometimes I evenparticipate, well...when I remember to at any rate!