Monday, March 2, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY (March 02, 2009)...

Outside my window... the sun is setting in a blaze of glory, scattering its dying rays over the remnant of the snow we had this weekend.

I am thinking... that I really need to run to Aldi's and get some milk after supper.

I am thankful for... my husband. So understanding, so hard-working, so much fun!

From the learning rooms...learning to trust in God - he has it all under control!

From the kitchen... meatloaf, mashed potatoes, green beans, rolls.

I am wearing...navy sweatshirt, denim skirt, slippers.

I am creating... a new journal.

I am going... to try to go to the mennonite stores again next weekend!

I am reading...not a lot - been working on the new journal.

I am hoping... that they catch whoever was responsible for the arson at my son's old school this past week.

I am hearing...the quiet hum of the computer, honey and DS talking downstairs and bing-banging of the hammer, the sheetrock screw gun.

Around the house...not a lot, I do need to get my closet done and clean out the storeroom in the basement. We did a good clean Saturday as we were snowed in.

One of my favorite things...is pie. I love pie, especially the crust!

A few plans for the rest of the week: clean out closet, work on journal, work on procedures manual, bask in the peace of God!

Here is picture thought I am sharing...


DS in full fighting gear!

Won't you go to Peggy's and make your own daybook?

6 comments:

Jaime said...

Great picture. ... He must be freezing though!! .. Your dinner sounds great. I am having Steak on the grill and some sweet potatoes. Definitely not as cold here. I believe we reached 65* today. Hope to send warm wishes your way. jaime

Judy said...

Hi Raquel, your name was right below mine at the Simple Woman site, so thought I would pay you a visit. Lovely post! Sounds like you had a 'comfort' meal, just as we did. Enjoy your snow!

Marie Rayner said...

Great day book RAquel. I am a bit late getting around this week. So, is your son interested in battle re-enactments? Dungeons and Dragons? I love pie too. It's my only weakness . . .oh and chocolate too. I hope you have a lovely weekend!

Jan said...

It sounds like you're keeping busy, Raquel. How is your house remodeling going? Your son looks quite scary in all that gear. :-)
Hugs.

Domestically Inclined said...

I'm sure you are safe with your mighty DS around! Nice picture! Hope all is well. Busy here, with mil and alzheimers and a new granchild on the way any day now.
PS:I posted an apron giveaway.

Susan Morris said...

Nice post Raquel, I had to smile at your DS in full regalia getup. Reminded of my son Dennis in full ninja custume practicing in our garden one evening, nearly scared the life out of me. :-)