Monday, March 16, 2009

Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY (March 16, 2009)...

Outside my window... Inky dark, I am late doing this. However, the light of day would show slowly greening grass, tulips popping up at my mailbox, robins hopping all over the lawn - Spring is here!

I am thinking... that I have had a very full day - It was a typical Monday at work and we had Honey's Aunt and Uncle over for dinner!

I am thankful for...good Christian fellowship!

From the learning rooms...working on some journaling pages and getting some quotes, poetry.

From the kitchen...Ham steak, Delmonico potatoes, steamed broccoli, rolls and butter, cinnamon applesauce, iced tea and Death by Chocolate cake.

I am wearing...khaki skirt, hot pink tee, housieslippers.

I am creating...some new journaling ideas, possibly a flower bed later on.

I am going... to be glad when this working at 6 AM is over!

I am reading... the book of Ezra.

I am hoping... that the rest of my week will go as smoothly as today.

I am hearing... not much, the peeper froggies are singing tho!

Around the house...one more load of dishes tonight, then laundry tomorrow - otherwise spanking clean.

One of my favorite things...is chocolate cake!

A few plans for the rest of the week: Journaling, cleaning out the basement storage area and . . . . groan - the garage.


Go on over to Peggy's and take a look at what is happening with everyone else today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you've been pretty busy, Raquel! Did you ever make it to the Amish store?

Marie Rayner said...

Oh Raquel, I miss peeper frogs so much! We don't hear that at all over here, nor crickets either! I have always found those sounds so comforting. Your ham and potatoes sounds delicious. Have you got a recipe for the Delmonico potatoes? OH and the death by chocolate cake? I think my Young Women would like that!

Joyful said...

Raquel,

I had stumbled upon your blog and noticed that you are a Christian and you enjoy cross stitching amongst many other interests.

You may want to visit my web site were most designs feature Bible verses. www.joyfulexpressions.us
There is a free design you may like called, "His Name is Jesus" which has been a blessing to many.

I too live in Missouri outside of Springfield. Lived here three years next month - beautiful country, friendly people with shared values.

Sandra

Jan said...

Thanks for stopping by the blog, Raquel. I've missed you and your recipes, but it sounds like you are very busy. Love and hugs.