Friday, September 12, 2008

Zucchini Supreme

I am one of those strange people who actually like zucchini. When it is of an edible size. It is so versatile, you can make so many different things with it. I like it raw in a vinagrette pasta salad. I like it in cake or bread. I like it in a stir-fry.

But probably my favorite way to eat it is as described below.

Zucchini Supreme

1 small zucchini, sliced
1/4 of an onion, diced small
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 of a green pepper, diced small
knob of butter
1 cup crushed tomatoes
Italian seasoning, salt and pepper
Parmesan cheese

Melt butter in sauce pan. I use about 1-2 Tablespoons for 1 zucchini. You can also use a bit of olive oil. Toss in zucchini, onion, pepper and garlic. Saute until zucchini begins to brown a bit. Add tomatoes and seasoning - We have pizza seasoning with salt and that is what I used. Let cook until the tomatoes thicken up a bit. Top with cheese.

This is a quick, easy side dish that can be made year 'round. It goes great with a steak or chicken.





Some folks asked about locusts earlier when I posted a picture of the shell - here is a real one! I think this one had just come out of a shell and was drying his wings off. They are kind of a pretty color, but such a nuisance.


1 comment:

Marie Rayner said...

I love zucchini, or courgettes, as they are called over here. I make a fabulous casserole of them. I'm going to have to make it real soon I think! Ick on the locust. I hate bugs!