Monday, September 1, 2008

Simple Woman Day Book



FOR TODAY September 01, 2008...

Outside My Window...There is a lazy sunshine filtering down through the tree leaves, making beautiful patterns on the patio.

I am thinking... of making some potato salad at lunchtime.

I am thankful for...my blogging friends! You all keep me going!

From the kitchen... Salmon on the grill, potato salad, fried squash and apple pie.

I am wearing...Navy skirt, gray T-shirt, slippers.

I am creating...a paper journal. Today is my first day! I am so excited, I have some pretty stickers to use, some dried flowers and stacks of old magazines.

I am going... to view a house tomorrow!!!!!! It is very nice, raised ranch in a nice, quiet neighborhood that is right at the edge of town. In fact, Corps of Engineer land is right across the road.

I am reading...A fondue book and The Perfect Table - giving me some good ideas for decorating!

I am hoping... that we can get this house we are viewing - it is perfect for us and a very good price!

I am hearing... The hum of the neighbor's lawn mower and Mom mixing up pie crust in the kitchen.

Around the house... Loads of laundry but not a lot else. We had a work day Saturday and got quite a bit done!

One of my favorite things... is chocolate ice cream. We went to DQ last night and it is soooooo good!

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week: Tomorrow: View house, sort through stack of papers, etc. in bedroom. Wednesday: Not much. Thursday: Sort thru a couple of totes. Friday: Not much.

Here is picture thought I am sharing...


Snackies


Autumn Clematis on the fence


Apples

I could not decide which one to use, so I used all 3! Can you tell I am ready for fall?

This is such a fun meme to do. To join, just go to The Simple Woman and follow the directions on the sidebar! Peggy hosts this every week and it is such fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Raquel, the Clematis are beautiful! I am ready for Fall too! I'm dying to put my Fall decorations out!

Jan said...

I hope you get the house, Raquel, it sounds perfect. Your clematis look fabulous.

I too am thankful for you, my friend. Love and hugs.

SimplyMe said...

I'm so glad you shared all three pictures. They all brought different smiles to my lips.

I can't wait to hear about the house viewing next week.

And from the kitchen...YUM-O!!!