Monday, December 8, 2008

Simple Woman's Daybook



FOR TODAY December 08, 2008...

Outside my window... it is gray and gloomy-looking. But there are several juncos and sparrows hopping around in my driveway.

I am thinking... that I would like to fast-forward to January. Not that I don't love Christmas, but it is discouraging to see how commercial it has all become.

I am thankful for... A God that loved me so much he made the ultimate choice and sacrifice for me.

From the kitchen... Leek and potato soup with sausage, black bottom cupcakes, lemon curd, double chocolate espresso cookies.

I am wearing... khacki skirt, flowered turtleneck, princess kitty socks and pink housieslippers.

I am creating... decorations for next Sunday's church Christmas dinner.

I am going... nowhere today if I can at all help it!

I am reading... not a lot, need to make a library run.

I am hoping... that I hear from the hospital this week.

I am hearing... silence - blissful silence.

Around the house... not a lot, we had a very productive day Saturday. I do need to go over the bathroom and sweep and mop the kitchen.

One of my favorite things... is popcorn. I just love to eat popcorn, no matter what the weather.

A few plans for the rest of the week: Today: clean bathroom. Finish thank you cards. Get devotional together. Tomorrow: Make venison burgers or meatloaf. Clean the bedrooms. Dig out Christmas cards and get sent! Wednesday: Clean my office. Straighten up basement. Thursday: Deep clean the kitchen. Friday: Clean the living room and do a little baking. Saturday: Christmas Tea at my house for the ladies of the church. Decorate church basement for Sunday. Sunday: Christmas dinner at the church.

Here is picture thought I am sharing . . .

Ain't they cute?

Peggy hosts this every week and it has really grown. Hop on over to The Simple Woman and take a look at everyone!

6 comments:

Paula said...

I totally agree with you about how commercial Christmas has become

Jennifer said...

I just love reading your simple woman daybook entries!

Anonymous said...

Wishing I was visiting your kitchen! The smells must be amazing! Blessings,

Aisling said...

I love the sound of your "from the kitchen" YUM!

Marie Rayner said...

Love the picture and your Day Book Raquel!!! I hate how bad the commercializtion of Christmas has gotten as well. It's really bad. I guess the best that we can do is to keep the Christ in Christmas in our own homes. Your kitchen goodies sound good!

Jan said...

You are one busy lady, Raquel. I love your picture, so cute. :-)