Thursday, October 16, 2008

I'm back - finally

Well, the wedding went off without a hitch. Well, actually Keith flubbed a few of his lines and my throat was so dry I squeaked. Gorgeous day, everything in place, God really blessed. I aplogize, but I do not have the pictures of the actual wedding yet, they are not back from the photographer. All I have are pictures of the reception and the food! Here are some of them . . .

The food was old-fashioned fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, green beans fixed with onion and tomato and mushrooms, rolls and peach cobbler that just melted in your mouth! We had coffee, ice water and iced tea to drink. Instead of nuts and mints, we had mix - salted peanuts, candy corn, M&Ms and rasins.

OUr table


The blushing bride? This is an absolutely horrible picture of me, I am very un-photogenic!



DS- in dress clothes!



The tables - I thought they turned out really cute



The punch bowl



The cake - oh so good and very pretty!


Keith's family - on left from front to back - His mom, his brother and SIL On right - his uncle, aunt and his sister




My aunt Naomi, uncle Charlie, niece Bobbi Jo and neice Stacy

I would like to thank everyone so much for your patience and for all of your good wishes. They were much appreciated. I wish everyone could have been there to help me celebrate!

18 comments:

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

Congratulations and wishes for a happy future! Your suit and flowers are just perfect for an October wedding. Can't wait to see more.

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! You are the perfect Fall Bride. I cannot WAIT for more pictures!

Anonymous said...

Lovely, Raquel! Everything matches so beautifully! I love the Fall theme! You look radiant and beautiful! Can't wait to see more pics. :)

Marie Rayner said...

You look so happy Raquel!!! What lovely colours you picked for the decorations and that wedding cake is beautiful! Can't wait to see more and am so happy it all went well, despite dry mouths and line flubbing! (((hugs)))

Angela said...

Raquel you looked lovely, in fact everything looked lovely. I hope you both enjoyed the day - let me know when your card arrives.

Jan said...

Raquel - you look so happy and lovely!
Glad everything went well xx

Sylvie said...

Once again, congratulations to you both. I'm so happy to hear that you had the perfect day!

Anonymous said...

Your suit is lovely! You look like you really enjoyed the day! Best wishes to you! You will have to email me your new address! Can't wait to see more pictures!

Your sister in Him,
Ruth, PA

Patchwork Dragon said...

The photos are great Raquel, can't wait to see some more. The menu sounds good too. May I wish you all the happiness in the world for the future.

Sandie

PS, and belated Happy Birthday!

Tracy said...

Hi, Raquel! What joy to see these photo...What a happy smile on your face! It is soooo good to see you! (Always wonderful to put a face to a voice, I think.) Your fall-themed wedding was just beautiful...love the all the decorations, you pretty cake and that amazing bouquet you carried! Looking forward very much to seeing more photos when you can... Your menu's down-home goodness can't be beat...mmm...Thanks so much for sharing! So very glad you special day was just that--the most special of all! Happy weekend, my friend--great to see you back here :o) ((HUGS))

Vicky said...

Congrats!

Gill - That British Woman said...

congratulations and I love your table decorations, I like fall themed weddings.

Gill in Canada

Anonymous said...

What a Wonderful day you had, Great idea to have a fall theme,
That cake looks so tasty,

Thankyou for the comment on my blog, i have been so busy with home latly not much stitching done,

Take care
xx

Janet said...

You looked lovely, Raquel. And all your decorations look wonderful, with all the beautiful autumn colors. I wish you both every happiness.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your special day! Everything looks great. I have to agree I love the fall theme. And don't worry, you look beautiful. All the happiness shines through.
God bless.
Rose Mary

Susan Morris said...

Congrats Raquel on your special day.....I loved all the pics, your colours and fall theme look just wonderful.
God bless my friend.
Sue

Marie Rayner said...

Raquel, it's time to come up for air!!! I miss you!

Jennifer said...

I agree, where are you? come back to us!